View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 05:07 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Pro..

You said "Can I raise my tolerance for physical activity by being physically active? And if I don't raise my tolerance and then go on a heavy physical activity, can I cause myself brain damage because of the sudden spike in physical activity? (If that can cause symptoms to return, it means it can cause brain damage, no?)."

You can raise you tolerance by slowly increasing your activity level. You do not want to push to a point of causing symptoms to return. At the first sign of symptoms, stop the activity. Next time, do that activity to a lower level of exertion. Causing a return of symptoms will ONLY DELAY YOUR RECOVERY. It will not cause brain damage. If it causes new symptoms and the existing symptoms to be worse than they ever were previously, then, you are pushing way to hard.

The point is to carefully learn your tolerance level so you can avoid exceeding it. If you are going to go an a hike, you need to plan for the effort to return. Hiking three miles and finding out you have reached or exceeded your tolerance still leaves you with the need to hike back. So, if you have determined that you can tolerate a 3 mile hike, turn back after hiking 1.5 miles.

There is no use taking high dose Omega 3 for a short period. If you want healing, you need to take it for months.

Regarding Ritalin. If you mess up your dopamine system, it can leave you with long term problems. Here are some good articles http://breggin.com/index.php?option=...d=30&Itemid=37

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote