View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 01:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy1012 View Post
I am sorry for your struggles. I hope that you find relief soon. We are a family no matter what type.of brain injury we had. Just curious, how was your mri after the injury? Were you unconscious? Do.you travel?
Galaxy, not sure if you are asking me or Norma, so I'll answer and then she can also.

My first MRI was 2 years after my injury and it did show some damage. I searched back through the forum for what I posted and this is what the report said:

"There is a single focus of blooming artifact in the mesial aspect of the left temporal lobe, at the level of the amygdala, not seen in the rest of the sequences. Given the patient's clinical history, this could represent a sequela of remote trauma / microbleed." They also noted a "Single nonspecific focus of T2 hyper signal in the subcortical white matter of the left frontal lobe."

I was not unconscious after my accident (which was a fall on my head off a horse) and I apparently seemed just fine for about 3-4 mins right after, but then I started to get confused and altered and staggered around and asked weird questions and stared off into space, repeated things and questions over and over. I have no memory of my accident or the 6 hours before or the approximately 12 hours after it.

As far as traveling goes... I have made a few car trips of about 5-6 hours in length over the last 3 years, one because my mother died and a couple others because the rest of my family lives that far away.

I have to take frequent breaks while driving, sometimes stopping for an hour and sleeping in my truck before continuing on. (I used to make the trip all at once, with no stops.)

I made one trip on the train that distance instead of driving because I was just too tired to drive, but the train was much worse with all the other people on it, they were too noisy and with my balance issues, I couldn't use the washroom on the train or move around while it was moving anyhow.

I've not flown yet since my accident but I think I will be soon. I'm sure that will be an adventure. I have balance and gait issues from my injury and walk with a cane, so long walks through airports will not be easy.

Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote