View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 07:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lara,

Years ago I started having migraines and they connected up to aura seizures and that lead to me having epilepsy. I had a special e.e.g. done where the Dr. ordered different color strobe lights to be flashed one at a time and they found that I was photosensitive meaning certain colors would trigger seizures for me and the same thing could be going on with you in regards to your migraines and the light. Also you may be having these because you are audio and sound sensitive meaning certain sounds and light are triggering the migraines.
My advice to you is to keep track of each time you get a migraine write it down on a calendar what time it started and stopped and also write down when you start and stop your monthly cycle. By doing this your Dr. may see a pattern in the migraine triggers and if they are hormone related.

Before I had brain surgery to help reduce my seizures I would always have a seizure when the hormones were changing and that's because the progesterone level was low and the estrogen level was high at that time of the month. I would often have seizures when I got into a hot shower because the hot water would fire up the neurons in my brain according to my Dr.
You may want to try taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day this vitamin has done wonders for me reducing my seizures and headaches because the vitamin helps calm the nerves. Stress is one of the worst things anyone could have to deal with because it fires up the neurons in the brain also. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (12-24-2014), PamelaJune (12-25-2014)