View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 02:28 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Question

So do you say that the decreased sensation in my legs is a result of anxiety? Do you know how that mechanism works? I mean, why should anxiety should cause me to feel my legs less than I normally do? (A decreased sensation at legs means unstable walking and an overall difficulty walking). I know anxiety can have many consequences, but how is that one of them? Also, I've dealt with anxiety my whole life, and this whole decreased sensation at legs thing started only after my first concussion. Can you please elaborate on why anxieties can cause such things?

I'll seriously consider the CBT therapy you suggested, and maybe also 5-HTP to regulate serotonin release (I've heard that too high or too low levels of serotonin can cause OCD, so I think 5-HTP would be helpful in the regulation of the serotonin and therefore reduce my OCD symptoms).

I also have another question:

I have seen in your supplement regimen that you suggested using Omega 6 in addition to Omega 3. I know that Omega 3 decreases neuroinflammation (which is the main cause for complications following mTBI/TBI), so it seems like it would be a very ideal treatment for TBI.

But why use Omega 6? Omega 6 is an inflammatory agent (creates more inflammation). This can worsen the damage caused by concussions and extend the recovery time, can't it? I mean, isn't the purpose to reduce inflammation after a concussion? Omega 6 just increases inflammation, so I don't see how this can be helpful as a supplement.

Thanks,
-ProAgonist
ProAgonist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote