View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 05:04 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

As mrsD acknowledged, moving the neck can cause a myriad of issues. A beauty parlor stroke is due to plaques in the vertebral arteries breaking free and lodging in the brain. This is usually due to the hyper extension of the neck as the head drops back into the shampoo bowl and the neck rests on the edge of the bowl.

There can also be inflammation in the upper neck that restricts blood flow through the vertebral arteries. This is usually a slow onset and slow recovery as the inflammation is reduced. You could try icing your upper neck on and off for an evening to see if it makes a difference. The recipe to make crushable ice packs in on the vitamin regimen page at the bottom.

If this causes you to struggle walking, a decent neurologist or Physiatrist (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation) should be able to watch you walk and determine if this is a neuro issue. If you truly stumble as you walk, you need to get checked out. If you are not stumbling but just don't feel right, I'd give it a few days to see if it goes away.

Numbness caused by anxiety can be due to a heightened effort to feel the extremities. Anxiety causes the heightened awareness. Once the brain tries to lock onto those sensations, normal mild numbness that comes and goes throughout the day become magnified, increasing the anxiety causing the symptoms to appear to be worse.

I went through a period of strange numbness in many parts of my body after a very emotionally traumatic event in 1998. My neuro could not find anything physical that caused them. They went away as my other emotional stress issues went away.

I was on a maximum dose of Paxil for 14 years for OCD. I switched off the Paxil to L-Tryptophan 2 years ago and recently added some 5-HTP in place of my AM dose of L-Tryptophan. My OCD issues are almost gone. If you are going to try 5-HTP, do it with your parents' oversight. You want to only take the minimum dose to resolve your issues. I take 100 mgs when I wake up. I started with 50 mgs. You could try 50 mgs 2 or 3 times a day. If you tolerate that without it causing you to sweat easily or show other symptoms of serotonin syndrome, you can try increasing to 100 mgs to see if it helps better.

What ever you do, stick to your plan. On again, off again like you do with the Ritalin is not good.

Regarding Omega 3,6,9. You want a balanced dose but most people eat foods that will satisfy the need for 6 and 9. People who eat extremely fat reduced diets need to consider whether they are deficient in 6 and 9. You likely are not. I probably should have not included 6 and 9 in the regimen since those are only needed in very limited situations.

I highly encourage you to see if you can get some help with CBT therapy for you anxieties. You are just too young to spend your life caught up in needless anxious thoughts. You may be able to find a therapist who can help you with your ADHD, too. If supplements can lower your ADHD, you may be able to learn behaviors to tolerate the rest. Neuro-feedback has helped many with ADHD.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ProAgonist (12-26-2014)