View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 05:11 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Most of the Omega 3-6-9 have the Omega 6 in the form as
GLA. this is not the same as Omega-6 linoleic acid which is inflammatory.

The Omega-6 as GLA is different. As I explained before,
we used it when we did flax/evening primrose/fish oil as our EFA intervention. It worked really well. Over time the GLA was not really necessary anymore so I dropped it.

This is a link showing NOW brand's ingredients:
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/now-f...FfEF7AoduEkAvQ

Check your product and see what it has. The Omega-9 is neutral to EFA supplementation, and will not skew any 3:6 ratio.
Olive oil contains lots of Omega-9's and these are considered heart healthy. For you... less of an issue.

Also a consideration is the consumption of transfats. Now I've been posting on the net long before transfats were eliminated from our foods in the US. But other countries vary from us.
Netherlands banned them in their whole country. But others have been very slow. Israel is one. In fact Israel was one of the highest consumers of transfats in the the 2000's.
http://hamodia.com/2014/04/02/israel...ng-trans-fats/
We abolished them in our home back in 2000 when I started my son on Omega-3'. I had a reference book by A. Simopoulos MD who is from Greece who explained all this. Of all the Mediterranean countries Greece is lowest in transfat consumption and the home of the Mediterranean diet. She gave stats showing a nearby country, Israel, was very high in transfat consumption. So really if you Google transfats, you'll find much more. Look in your home at what your family eats.
If high in transfats (also called partially hydrogentated oils), you will have to get rid of those to see better improvements in your ADHD and concussion recovery.

Most of our posters are in the US so I don't bring this up normally, but it occurred to me, that you might be from a non-US country which is still struggling with removing transfats from the diet and commercial foods and cooking fats.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ProAgonist (12-26-2014)