View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 06:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello Healthgirl,

I'll give you an unfortunate "welcome to the club." Likewise, I've been diagnosed with idiopathic SFN and have had every test under the sun looking for the cause. I've had MRIs of my entire spine as well as my brain, many blood tests, a spinal tap, nutritional evaluation, nutritional sensitivity tests, and a hormone test.

The "buzzing" you experience is very familiar to me. My legs bear the brunt of it, but I feel it all over. When my motor nerves are active, my sensory nerve dysfunction isn't as pronounced, but that's not a helpful remedy when you're trying to sleep.

I do have some glucose issues that don't show up on regular diabetes screening tests, but I have a feeling this SFN could be spinal-related, especially since my symptoms became acute after a planking-challenge hurt my neck. Even though the MRIs show no cause, I really think there's just something going on that's not detectable by the MRIs. You know if 10,000,000 of us are walking around with this, they're missing SOMETHING. If it's not spinal, then maybe it is glucose-related, and some of us who aren't even yet pre-diabetic are more pre-disposed to SFN.

Like you, I'm totally frustrated not knowing why this happening.

Jane
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (12-24-2014), Healthgirl (12-29-2014)