View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 06:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lara,

Another thing you may want to try is called "Cold Water Therapy" My neuro had me doing this to reduce my seizures. and it worked great and it may work for your headaches. What you have to do is 3 times a day at the same time put a cold washcloth on your face and the back of your neck and do this when you start to feel an aura or any headache start up. Before you put the washcloth on your face take your temperature and keep track of it. By putting the cold washcloth on your face and neck it will calm the neurons down in the brain and the reason why you need to take your temperature is to see if your temperature is a degree or 2 higher than normal.
When I was in this medical study for 1 month the Dr. found each time before I had a seizure my body temperature was higher and that in turn was triggering the seizures. After I started the cold water therapy I had a lot less seizures and headaches. It's up to you but you may want to give it a try.
Also keep track of the weather because often I would get headaches and seizures when a low pressure in the weather was coming in. My neuro. told me that the air was more heavy even though I didn't notice it and that in turn affected the hormones and triggered seizures and headaches. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (12-25-2014), PamelaJune (12-25-2014)