View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 01:27 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member

Hello!

My name is Emily, I'm 20 years old and I was diagnosed with thoracic outlet syndrome this August. I have been suffering from TOS for about five years now. Before my diagnosis with TOS, I was incorrectly diagnosed with ulnar nerve entrapment and underwent an unsuccessful surgery for that. My doctors and I believe my TOS started from a cheerleading accident I had when I was 15 where I broke my elbow.

It's been an emotional roller coaster ever since I discovered my official diagnosis. After seeing a few doctors, it was apparent that TOS described my symptoms. Although I was skeptical at first, I agreed to have surgery December 22nd. I had a first rib resection and a pec minor release. The doctor said he could tell my nerve and artery were EXTREMELY compressed and there is no doubt in his mind that I will make a quick and successful recovery. Currently I'm three days post-op and I'm feeling amazing. I pretty much have full range of motion already and haven't had any TOS related pain (some pain that had to do with surgery but I was expecting something much worse)

Anyway I'm very happy to have had the surgery so far and thankful that after so many years, I finally have an answer!