View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 07:53 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
PCS+MDD,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

Wow, you've been quite the pharmaceutical Guinea pig. You said you have tried nutritional supplements. What supplements have you tried ? Have you tried L-Tryptophan or 5-HTP or L-Theanine ? Have you read the Vitamins and Supplements sticky at the top ? I updated the Nov 8 post no. 101.

What are you doing to facilitate healing ?

What are all of the symptoms you are still experiencing ?
Hi Mark,

Supplement wise I am taking 5HTP, GABA, Fish oil, Curcumin Active, Vitamin C, Vitamin B complex, Vitamin A, Vitamin D and a Multivitamin.

I am also an avid drinker of Vegetable shakes and protein shakes.

In facilitating healing I have been given a range of excercises by my funtional neurologist, eye excercises, breathing excercises and gagging excercises. I also rested for a period of 2 weeks (no stimulation) and have only been engaging in light excercises.

Unfortunately , post incident I pulled a Chris Nowinsky, in that I went straight back to the gym and performed my heavy weightlifting.

Symptoms wise I am still suffering with;

Cognitive issues, Memory issues (terrible short term memory, difficulty accessing long term memories),
Personality Changes, Mood Swings (Previously I was cool, calm and collected regardless of scenario)
Difficulty talking/socializing/finding words ( I used to be outgoing, I know find it difficult to speak with my own family),
Fatigue/muscle weakness (also due to lack of exercises),
Anxiety! Constant anxiety, I have experienced anxiety in the past but these are intense symptoms, racing thoughts, random songs, noise sensitivity.
Im having great difficulty reaching deep levels of inner thought, prior to the incident I was engaging in deeper more profound thoughts, but now I find it difficult to put my mind on anything.
I constantly 'blank' out and have long periods of absence of thought.
I also find myself constantly licking my bottom teeth.

My sleep is non-refreshing, and if I didn't have the mirtazipine I would not be sleeping.

My Neuro told me that recovery will take a minimum of 6 months and advised my to engage in psychotherapy to help with the anxiety, (of course, recovery period is always a question mark) but although the symptoms I suffer with can be managed, Im still finding it difficult to deal with them.
PCS+MDD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote