View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 12:54 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Unless your vitamin B complex is a B-50 Complex or B-100 Complex, it is likely just better than worthless. Most B Complex vitamins provide very low dosages of B vitamins, usually based on the DA or RDA values. I would recommend a B-50 Complex plus B-12 in methycobalamin form (1000 to 2500 mcgs are common)

How much 5-HTP are you taking ?

The protein shake may be problematic if it is designed for weight lifters. Protein in high doses can be stressful on the system, especially with some of the common additives used by weight lifters.

Are your neuro and functional neuro both MD's ? Or a chiro trained by Carrick ?

The 6 month recovery time has no basis in medical research. Your recovery will take as long as it takes. Nobody can give you a prognosis.

I suggest you ask your doc for an 'as needed' script for an anxiety med to take the edge off the extremes. You should not be taking 5-HTP and mirtazipine at the same time. Do you take mirtazipine every day or evening before going to bed ?

If you are taking the mirtazipine, what medication intervention was your neuro suggesting ?

You critical need is your anxiety. Often, you need to get it reduced to allow the brain to try to heal. Your anxiety sounds very much like PCS induced anxiety. The injured brain loses the ability to shut out stimulation and leaves you in a fight or flight mode. Unless you are getting stuck with worry about your symptoms and risk of injury, I wonder if talk therapy will help much in the short term.

What do you do each day ? Job, school, family ? btw, Are you male or female ? I'm thinking male due to the weight lifting but ????

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote