View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 05:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Mark,

I'll soon ask my parents to get me some 5-HTP to treat my OCD. They know I have a pretty bad OCD so they probably would not resist to let me start trying this supplement on a daily basis.

mrsD,

I stopped taking Omega 3 today due to serious, sudden health issues that have appeared over the last few days (such as the hearing loss I've posted about). I am confident that these issues are attributed to the extremely high dose (18 grams) of Omega 3 I was taking daily for 6 days. I understand that the dosage was too high so I completely stopped using it today before things get worse. It really helped with easing my Post-Concussion Syndrome symptoms and speed up recovery, but this high dose carries with it so many health risks that I have decided to drop it.

I'll return taking Omega 3 in a few weeks/months (the doses will be as you have suggested) to treat my ADHD symptoms and see how well this works (although my main reason for taking the Omega 3 supplement in the first place was for speeding up recovery from the 2 concussions I had, not to treat my ADHD symptoms). So I'll return to it in a while on much lower doses, but I've decided to drop it for now.

About the transfats - Yes, I live in Israel, and I can confirm that my country has many foods with high levels of transfats which are damaging on many different levels. That being said, my family cares for health and nutrition and therefore we barely eat any food with transfats. Aside from ADHD, I'm aware that transfats contribute to the development of cardiovascular disease - another reason to completely avoid them. So that is out of the equation in terms of nutrition and its effects on my ADHD.

Something I did notice is that sleep has a big effect on my cognitive abilities. If I sleep for 8 hours I'll feel much better and perform better at school than 6-7 hours (I feel better if I sleep for 8 hours and perform better, but I still have a hard time concentrating despite sleeping enough time and well enough). So sleep makes a huge difference, but still is not enough to solve my ADHD symptoms.

For now, I'll continue with the Ritalin and will try the Omega 3 again in much lower doses in a few weeks/months. The most important thing to me right now is to recover from the 2 concussions I had.
ProAgonist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote