View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 09:11 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

leesal,

Okay so you have a history of C Diff. As you probably know, that makes you more susceptible to getting that again. Do you know what probiotics are? Are you taking a probiotic supplement? Taking that every day is wise for most people, but especially if you've had C Diff. You will not get adequate supplementation from eating yogurt, unless the yogurt is homemade from kefir and without added sugar.

Leesal, due to the extent of the oral surgery that you had done and the fact that the grafting was done in an area that had a dry socket as well in areas where the teeth were removed 20 years ago, your case needs to be evaluated by the oral surgeon. You may have a hard time getting a second opinion as another oral surgeon may not want to touch the work that was just done because then he could be blamed for any complications that may arise. But you definitely need to see the dentist who performed the surgery.

What are you doing to help reduce the pain besides taking advil? Are you eating nutritiously and drinking a lot of water throughout the day?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesal View Post
Still struggling with pain on the right side where the extraction was done after 3 weeks.

For the last few days I'm getting a horrible taste in my mouth. I texted the Dr. who put me on 3 days of Zithromax. I see him again on Monday.

Strong history of C Diff so he's trying to avoid a reoccurrence.

He said I either have an infection or the grafting didn't take.

Does this ound right? Maybe I should get a second opinion?

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote