View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 09:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi MoparDakota,

So the bump was directly over the area where a tooth was recently extracted? Was the extracted tooth a root canaled tooth? Had you ever had a similar bump in that area before the tooth was removed? Does the term fistula sound familiar to you? These are pimple like bumps that are red, sometimes with white center and usually are surrounded by inflammation. These are related to infection and often puss will come out.

There are also benign bumps that can appear anyplace in the mouth that are not associated with bacteria. They appear clear and have no inflammation associated with them. They are little mucoceles or mucus retention cysts. They appear suddenly during eating or irritation.

Do you have an idea of which you think you had?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparDakota View Post
Hello, new user here hopefully I'm posting correctly I'm a bit worried about something. I seem to have just popped this little zit while eatting dinner. I felt the pop and went to have a look in the mirror to see what happened no pain nor discomfort was caused by this nor any pain before it popped. I went and rinsed with listerine and covered it with some cotton pads so tout hopefully won't spread I'm unable to see a dentist about it for a while since I'm over seas visiting my wife. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote