View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 12:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Two months ago I went to a new doctor who said he would see and find out what was causing my problems. Testosterone levels was perfect, ESR was 19, Vit B12 and D was perfect.

They run every blood test known to man and nothing showed out of the normal range. He said there should be no reason I did not have energy or pain.
It was a waste of my time because the next morning I could hardly get out of bed.

I walk two miles a day and try and eat right. I have noticed my blood sugar has been easing up in the last few months and I mentioned it to the new doc.

They then did an A1C and it was 5.7 which is in the pre-diabetic range but this has been going on for 20 years as I tested it long time ago and it was right about the same number.

At age 67 and 1/2 now I guess I will just have to deal with it. I did start on Lexapro about three weeks ago. Not sure if it is helping or not. I have noticed my blood sugar running a little higher while taking Lexapro but time will tell if that medicine is causing this.

I will hang it and give it a try. I was on Prozac 15 years ago and the best I remember it did give me lots of energy but I was also only 52 years old at the time

I could not take the anti-depressant Cymbalta which is supposed to help with pain. I slept all day the two weeks I was on it and felt terrible. Never again for that one. I actually fell asleep at a red light while driving a car. Not for me but I tried.
threeputt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote