View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 04:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Chemical sensitivity

Just wondered how many of you have experienced chemical sensitivity. I had a terrible episode with it in 1980 when making salt dough ornaments and painting them when dried with testers model car/ airplane paints and using paint thinner. Horrid muscle weakness, achy all over/ headache, whoosy...and the worse I got, the more I sat and painted because there was no energy to do anything else. Then after the paints were put away in December, I had an amazing recovery and never knew what had been wrong in the first place. Dr thought maybe M. Gravis . Big symptoms were gone, but I couldn't tolerate being near anyone with strong perfume, or walk down the detergent isle of a grocery store, or be anywhere near where someone was painting. The next summer , I started making salt dough crafts again and as soon as the paint thinner smell hit me, I was on the floor! It was only then I knew what had been wrong the previous year.Proceeded to make the crafts, but other people took them home and painted them on trade for keeping some that they had painted...so I was not exposed to the chemicals. I am still chemically sensitive today, but recognize what is causing a problem and am able to get away from things that I react to.Don't know the reason I just shared this, but perhaps someone out there is having the same symptoms and need to look into the possible cause .Have a blessed day. Aunt Bean
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GerryW (12-27-2014)