View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 07:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

For me it has been the following and it has worked wonders to the point that my doctor is likely to lower my BP medication next month if I keep it up:

.Added magnesium tablet before bed
.Conscious effort to eat foods with potassium in it...sulfite free apricots, potatoes now and then
.little to no sugar
.added a green juice most mornings...kale, spinach, cucumber, celery and a small amount of lemon and broccoli

For me, my blood pressure starts dropping within three days do doing this. Within a week, if done consistently, my BP will drop by several points...and if I keep it up, I have to lower my medication. Sadly, I messed up for the holidays.
But, I'm going back. I kept records before and within three days I actually felt a little woozy on my meds...as if I was taking too high a dose of my BP medication. I see the doc in January to discuss this. I had emailed her my numbers and she and her partner were amazed. I personally think magnesium and potassium are key, as well as the avoidance of sugar and salt (I was basically avoiding salt anyway).

I'll probably add the Morton's cream too!
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Diandra (03-22-2015), Lara (12-27-2014)