View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 08:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for your support everyone.
Yes, the fur babies are a God send.

The stuff that the stroke did makes the MS symptoms more difficult to work with but at least all of that joint stuff that I had going on settled down. Still have the regular spasm, pain, weakness, fatigue and numbness though. Severe headaches are new along with an increase in vision problems, dizziness and cognition/memory deficits.

Mostly, the memory thing is the hardest thing to work with. I get stuck on figuring out anything with the numbers 7, 8 & 12. Just draw a blank, so have been re-memorizing those parts of the multiplication table…but it doesn’t stay very well. Every morning I go over those numbers but retaining new information, recalling recent memories in some areas, like numbers and names/nouns has a glitch in it.

On the other hand, stuff that is well ingrained, I remember very well although sometimes have trouble expressing it verbally – slow to find the right words. Writing is easier because I can see the words, but then dizziness comes after a few minutes of writing or reading.

Getting around the mental glitches is much like trying to phone the phone company on a dysfunctional phone, to get the dysfunctional phone fixed. Sense of humor is intact .

With love, Erika
Erika is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (12-29-2014), Debbie D (12-27-2014), Kitty (12-27-2014), LoveCats (12-27-2014), SallyC (12-27-2014)