View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 08:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help Rheumatoid Arthritits??!! Are you kidding me?

Hi everyone, I haven't written in a while but I do drop in and read from time to time. And, I think of you guys often. I have been dealing with a new set of issues. Over the summer my joints became swollen and painful. Initially, i thought it was CRPS spread. My pain management Nurse Practitioner was the first person to pick up on it and refer me to a Rhematologist. The swelling and stiffness in the same joint on both sides is a hallmark of Rheumatoid Arthritis (I had it in both wrists, both hands and both knees). I was started on prednisone and Celebrex while I waited for test results. My Rheumatoid Factor was Negative, which occurs in about 25% of RA patients. But, my C-Reactive Protein , ESR and Vectra Disease Activity test were all high. SO - now I am taking Methotrexate and prednisone trying to get this disease under control. I am improved after two months of treatment, the pain and swelling are diminished but not gone.

Man OH Man! I cannot believe I have a second chronic pain disease. I really feel like life has kicked me in the head and I am struggling to get back up.

That is my short story on what has been happening. I think of my friends here often,and wish each of you a Better New Year in 2015!
~Lotttie
Jan. 2005 L5/S1 discectomy and Artificial Disc Replacement.
July 2011 removal of broken
Artificial Disc Replacement.
Woke up in recovery room with RSD Monster.:

Aug 2011 Stabilization of spine at L3/L4/L5.
October 2014 Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Lottie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (12-27-2014)