View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 11:59 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi MoparDakota,

So the bump was directly over the area where a tooth was recently extracted? Was the extracted tooth a root canaled tooth? Had you ever had a similar bump in that area before the tooth was removed? Does the term fistula sound familiar to you? These are pimple like bumps that are red, sometimes with white center and usually are surrounded by inflammation. These are related to infection and often puss will come out.

There are also benign bumps that can appear anyplace in the mouth that are not associated with bacteria. They appear clear and have no inflammation associated with them. They are little mucoceles or mucus retention cysts. They appear suddenly during eating or irritation.

Do you have an idea of which you think you had?

Bryanna
Bryanna,
It was or, what seemed to be directly where the novacaine injection site was right where he stuck me. Unsure if that has anything to do with it? It was plainly an extraction no root canal, no insurance so the cost would've been ungodly. My dentist is a family friend so he gave me a discounted tooth extraction price. No I've not had any bump there before that I can recall. I've heard of a fistula but am unsure it is possible that may be it, but when I had checked it in the bathroom I gave it a little squeeze to see if it was pimple like and sure enough puss like fluid seeped out. It was white centered with a slight redness round it but not swollen nor inflamed, it doesn't hurt at all. It seems to be clearing after the pop as of today it doesn't look bad look just like a regular pimple that's been popped.
MoparDakota is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote