View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 11:54 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Leesal,

I mentioned to you in my original post that I was skeptical about the dentist placing bone graft in areas where the teeth had been extracted 20 years ago as the bone has had to recede quite a bit over that span of time. The success of the grafts depend on several factors including how well he prepared that bone before he placed the implants and if the bone was adequate enough to hold the graft.

I was also concerned about the extraction site that developed a dry socket as you said he had placed a graft there also. So that graft may be compromised from the dry socket.

I cannot tell you he did anything wrong as I have not seen the pre op xrays or the way he performed the surgery.

If you could get a different opinion that would might be helpful. But as I said you may have difficulty doing that as another oral surgeon may not want to get involved.

Stay on the probiotics and you won't need the kiefer.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesal View Post
Thanks Bryanna!

Yes im taking probiotics twice per day. Ive not been doing keefer but will add that to the mix.

I'm eating fairly well doing lots of smoothies.

Im returning to the Dr. Monday.

Based on what I've told you, does it sound like the surgeon did some thing wrong? I really want another Dr. to look at my case. How would i know if things were done correctly?

As far as pain is concerned ive also done tumeric.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote