View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 11:46 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

MoparDakota,

Yea, if this is an infection, the timing of this is not good :/
If it is a fistula it may fill up again but do not pop it with your finger and you could introduce bacteria into it. Use a wet q tip to gently break it if you can but do not be overly aggressive with that as you could cause further irritation.

If it is a mucocele, then it may or may not fill up again. But this would not contain puss, it would contain a watery clear liquid. Again break it with a moist q tip not your finger.

I cannot tell you if this will become a problem before the 12th of Jan or not as I don't know if it is a mucocele or a fistula.

In either case, I would suggest that you take some precaution rinse with warm salt water 3-4 times a day for several days. Use about 1/4 tsp of salt in 3 oz of warm water. Rinse aggressively up in that area to keep it very clean. The salt may hold things at bay for a short time if it is an infection.

I hope this information is helpful.
Hopefully the dental issue is uneventful and you are able to enjoy your visit with your wife!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparDakota View Post
Right, but will it be alright until the 12th of jan as I am over seas. I don't have travelers insurance which I really should've gotten! :/ I'm unsure if there's a way to get if now?

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote