View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 03:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Look into Lyme Disease as a possible cause. It is a poorly dx'ed and supported disease that for political and cost reasons is swept under the rug and there is MUCH controversy about it. The blood tests are terrible. Your dx has to be a "clinical" one, meaning the doc has to LISTEN to your symptoms and along with any supporting test data, make the dx that way. Also, when you get bit by a tick there are MANY illnesses you can get like Erlichia, Babesia, Tularemia and many docs NEVER look for them and people get treated for Lyme Disease but continue to suffer because they other illnesses go undetected and untreated. I wish you the best. I know how frustrating it is because doc today's want the most obvious dx, here's a script and out the door you go. You are smart to question your dx and treatment. I have learned, you have to become your own doctor and research all you can. All my best, Diandra

2 good resources...

dr Joseph burrascano treatment and guidelines for

http://www.ilads.org/lyme/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Great book from Dr Richard Horowitz
His book is an excellent resource. I was dx'ed with Lyme Disease in 1990 after years of misdiagnose. I bought this book just last yr and learned a great deal.

http://lymedisease.org/news/lyme_dis...-horowitz.html

Dr. Richard Horowitz’s recently published “Why Can’t I Get Better? Solving the Mystery of Lyme and Chronic Disease,” is #10 on the New York Times list of top-selling science books. Continue reading → - See more at: http://lymedisease.org/news/tag/dr-r....myhntogH.dpuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
Any insight, personal stories, recommendations, would be appreciated.
I have been recently diagnosed with idiopathic small fiber neuropathy. A year ago I started having heart palpitations and strange buzzing surges that would happen in my upper torso to head just as I was about to fall asleep at night. The only other symptoms were orthostatic hypotension and foot and hand tingling and numbness from certain positions that would go away with moving around. I went and had my blood work done and everything checked out ok. Life was manageable so I just continued on. Over this summer I wasn't able to keep up with my interval strength training routine and was losing range of motion in my neck and shoulders. Shooting pains were happening from my shoulders to my hands randomly day and night. I thought it was due to my weight lifting so I decided to ease up on it and take some time off and switch to light aerobics. It continued to get worse but still wasn't that big of a deal until I woke up one morning in September and could not move my neck. My traps were in severe spasms. Since that day, my body has been ravaged. My arms and shoulders just hurt and fatigue from even folding a towel. Throughout the past four months I have been unable to much that requires my arms because of my neck and shoulders. I now have random shooting and pulsing pains everywhere and muscle twitches all over my body, buzzing feelings in my upper body and down left arm into hand. The low blood pressure has become worse. Some days are worse than others. Is there anyone out there with a similar story? I think the doctor is missing something and could care less what the cause is. I also have a high ANA and have been to a rheumatologist who doesn't know.

Last edited by Diandra; 12-28-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (12-28-2014)