View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 04:26 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Thumbs Up Naughty but nice tiramisu type dessert

I came across a recipe somewhat like this a couple of years ago and I changed it a little bit to make it easier. I think the original one was from Curtis Stone and he made it in separate glasses with broken up savoiardi all through the layers. It really is delicious and could be changed to suit your own taste. A once a year treat here.

I start off with either a shallow type of pudding bowl or baking dish. Doesn't matter what it is, but it needs sides.

Ingredients are
  • savoiardi (ladyfinger sponge style) biscuits
  • 1/2 cup of freshly brewed strong coffee. (I use ground beans rather than instant)
  • raspberries (I used frozen as fresh unavailable or/and overpriced here usually)
  • chocolate custard (thick)
  • whipped cream
  • a piece of dark chocolate to grate on top

Place the savoiardi in a layer around the base of the dish and up the sides.

Drizzle the coffee over the biscuits. You want it damp not wet so that the savoiardi keep their shape.

[It would taste nice with some type of liquer too I would imagine but I have none of that so stick with just the coffee.]

then layer the raspberries, custard and finally whip the cream for the top. I use tiny bit of real vanilla and a tiny bit of icing sugar to make the cream taste better.

Grate some dark choc on the top and voila.

Pop it in the 'fridge and let it set a bit.

Very yum.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (12-28-2014)