Old 12-29-2014, 01:01 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Debi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by St George 2013 View Post
I feel like I've been gone forever ! But I've been here. Not everyday but I try to keep up with everyone every week or so.

I just finished a 4 day prescription of 20 mg steroids and I have to say I'm feeling normal for the first time in months ! I know it won't last but I'm happy while it does.

Spent the week before Christmas in bed. Have not had to do that in awhile and it was extremely depressing. I have absolutely no idea what happened. The dr did change my gabapentin from two 300 mg capsels (sp?) 3 times a day to a 600 mg tablet 3 times a day. He also changed me from hydro 10-325 to the Oxycodone 10-325. I'm really thinking it's the change in gabapentin. Maybe the inert ingredients ? My PCP agrees that it could be the problem. I called the pain dr the week I was in bed and he told me to increase the gabapentin to 900 mgs at bedtime. I really can't tell if that helped since I was also on the steroids.

I'm up to 10 mcg/hr on the BuTrans patch and using up to 3 Oxycodone 10-325 on most days. I told my pain mgmt. dr that I can't say the Oxycodone is for 'break-thru' pain because I have to use it everyday. So therefore it's actually part of my pain regime.

Isn't it really hard to look back when you feel good and see how bad it actually was ? When I can't even function from the pain it's just the worst day/days.

The pain dr has mentioned the SCS again but I'm just not ready. In Nov/Dec I had a series of 3 sympathetic nerve blocks that did absolutely nothing. Could not tell I even had the shots. But I'm glad I tried (thanks to my special friend). I'll continue on this pain medicine route until it no longer works. I just can't get past having something 'implanted' in me.

I'm hoping everyone here has a good 2015. I know we all need a good year !

Thanks to everyone on here. I don't know if you all realize how much you help people. You are all Amazing !

Debi from Georgia

Good to hear from you. I, like you, feel the same about the SCS. Did have the trial a few years ago. It did not go well; but in a way I am glad because I only went along with the trial because my PM kept after me to try the SCS. He did try to talk me into doing another trial; but I held out. Because of other issues I am dealing with; he has stopped asking me.

As far as the Oxycodone (Percocet) for break thru; it really helps when the Oxycontin isn't enough. I take 3 to 4 of 7.5mg/325 daily. It seems to at least break the cycle for a while.

Hope the steroids keep working.

Gerry

Last edited by ger715; 12-29-2014 at 10:01 PM.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (12-29-2014)