View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 03:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart The scary future...

I know when you hear the MS possibility it is one of the most nerve racking and scariest of thoughts. You have all these questions bouncing like rubber balls and ping pong balls all at the same time. Calm yourself...MS like all things bring about change, the 'what if's will take care of themselves as they come along.
Your lifestyle is going to change, but you don't have to change Who you are. You are going to be the same you with or without any disease. My Pa always said you can't change ugly and you can't dirty ice. lol I've found he is right. MS is ugly, ain't no denying that one. You however can be the ice. Ice is one of the most destructive forces in nature...hey, guys...it took down the Titanic...so be the ice.
I was told after my dx in 2001 that I would be in a wheelchair within 7 yrs or less. I am still walking, and have pretty good mobility. I have had some tough times averaging about two relapses a year that put me in the ER and right on to patient care for two weeks at a time. That ain't fun but I do what I have to and you can tell by my picture I still got purty going on!!
I hope the best for all of you but getting the dx shouldn't change who you are, you been you all your life. It is not time to stop doing that, it is time to come to a place where there is caring and understanding people to help you answer all those questions. There is also crazy...like me waiting to pounce on ya when ya least expect, so hang in there and I'll save a seat for you on the porch.
Momma's Kids is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jenng (01-10-2015), Kitty (12-29-2014), SallyC (12-29-2014)