View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 11:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Advice for evaluation in Denver

Hi everyone,

I am currently in PT for suspected TOS (type unknown) on my left side. My ortho doc did no testing; just an office exam and sent me to PT. Trigger point therapy, heat and massage are helping very short term, but symptoms come back quickly.

Symptoms include horrible armpit pain/deltoid pain when I move my arm laterally and back, tingling pain top of hand, bottom of hand on ulnar side, left hand fatigue when doing any type of sustained activity. Sometimes I will have a sharp pain in my neck radiating upward, with numbness on left side of jaw and into my face.

I feel I should get this evaluated by an experienced TOS doc. I've read threads about Annest, Brantigan, Sanders. I live near Denver, but all are out of my insurance network. Is one better than the other? Also, regarding testing--it sounds as if I need an MRA with arms up to look at bloodflow? Anything else? My entire spine has been MRI'ed in the past, so if I had extra ribs, wouldn't they have shown themselves there?

I just had a brain MRI that showed the first few cervical vertebrae--my neurologist yet again looking for MS (which I don't have!!) Looks good, no issues. Clear spinal tap as well.

Thank you for your help. Seems as if my entire neurological system is screwed up!!!
PLIF L5-S1 Sept. 2013

Lumbar MRI March 2013: degenerative changes from L3 to S1. L3 and L4 have tiny annular tears with disc bulge. L5-S1 bilateral pars defects anterolisthesis (spondylosis/spondylithesis?) I have an annular tear here too, along with a conjoined left L5-S1 nerve root. Mild effacement of the thecal sac at the origins of the bilateral S1 nerve roots, left greater than right. Mild bilateral Neural foraminal stenosis.

Last edited by jenng; 12-29-2014 at 11:33 AM. Reason: add info.
jenng is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote