View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 02:31 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default My best buddy Smokey...

Hi folks,

I've got a great dog that is truly one of the family. He turned eight on December 26th. He's 1/2 German Shorthaired Pointer, and 1/2 English Setter. We call him our PointSetter.

A little over three years ago, it was a Friday morning and I went in to see my doctor to get the results of some tests I had done. The IDIOT doctor didn't even tell me to bring someone with me, fully knowing that he was about to give me a death sentence. He walked into the room with my chart and he cut right to the chase. He just said "John, from the results of the EMG, it looks like you have ALS, and if that's the case there's nothing anyone can do for you". I went numb from head to toe!

It took me a while to process what I had just been told and I almost had an accident driving home because I couldn't see straight through the tears streaming from my eyes.

I got home and laid down on the bed. Smokey jumped up there and laid down with his head on my lap. I spent the majority of the next three days in bed and in tears a good deal of the time. Smokey didn't leave my side!

I'm new here so I can't post pics or links yet, so I'll show you his picture as soon as I can. He is beautiful!
John Pollman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (12-29-2014), RSD ME (12-31-2014), St George 2013 (12-30-2014)