View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 03:38 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi there. It's good you're getting the insurance and are able to see new doctors. It can only help your road to recovery.

Just my perspective...

It's always difficult walking away from an appointment thinking that I'd wished I'd mentioned this or that.

If you're seeing a new doctor does that mean the notes from the previous doctors will be sent to this new one prior to your appointment?

If yes, then one would hope the new one has read the notes.

If not, then I would write or type a list of what has happened since the original injury. You don't need to go into great detail. Just make it short and concise and in approx dated order.

If you have a timed appointment you can figure out what you need to discuss in that time. Is it an hour appointment or 30 minutes or not timed or what?

The amount of time you have should give you some idea as to where you need to focus. The fact that you're still feeling terrible is very important.

I suppose also that it depends on the specialty of the doctor you will be seeing. e.g. a neuro might do certain tests there and then and that may take up time in the appointment too.

Having your own notes will help you and you can leave the list/notes with the doctor if you need. If it's a fairly short appointment then talk about what is affecting you the most at the moment and make sure you get some direction from the doctor for the future.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MomWriterStudent (12-29-2014)