View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 05:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

[QUOTE=Diandra;1114973]Look into Lyme Disease as a possible cause. It is a poorly dx'ed and supported disease that for political and cost reasons is swept under the rug and there is MUCH controversy about it. The blood tests are terrible. Your dx has to be a "clinical" one, meaning the doc has to LISTEN to your symptoms and along with any supporting test data, make the dx that way. Also, when you get bit by a tick there are MANY illnesses you can get like Erlichia, Babesia, Tularemia and many docs NEVER look for them and people get treated for Lyme Disease but continue to suffer because they other illnesses go undetected and untreated. I wish you the best. I know how frustrating it is because doc today's want the most obvious dx, here's a script and out the door you go. You are smart to question your dx and treatment. I have learned, you have to become your own doctor and research all you can. All my best, Diandra

2 good resources...

dr Joseph burrascano treatment and guidelines for

Great book from Dr Richard Horowitz
His book is an excellent resource. I was dx'ed with Lyme Disease in 1990 after years of misdiagnose. I bought this book just last yr and learned a great deal.

Dr. Richard Horowitz’s recently published “Why Can’t I Get Better? Solving the Mystery of Lyme and Chronic Disease,” is #10 on the New York Times list of top-selling science books. Continue reading

Thank you Diandra,
I was actually treated for Lyme with one month of doxyclycline by an infectious disease dr. He decided to treat clinically even though my tests were negative (except for 2 igg strands). He said he feels that this is an inflammatory autoimmune process but gave me one month of antibiotics just in case. He said if it was lyme, I would feel significantly better, which I don't. I also know that for neurological lyme, that month of doxy might not even touch it, but I have no one else willing to treat in case it is. Looking back throughout the year I had many strange symptoms that I just explained away before this thing really took over. What a mess!
I read the Burrascano protocol, but haven't checked out that other book. I definitely will. Thanks!
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Marie33 (01-03-2015), St George 2013 (12-31-2014)