View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 07:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melon View Post
Im curious if one of these might help my neuropathy like the real thing did ( prob not I suspect ) , but does any one know for sure ?

m
I've recently started using medical marijuana; I haven't tried hemp oil but have tried a couple of cannabis oils with a relatively high proportion of CBD (e.g. 15% CBD with 40% THC). What I've read is that the CBD and THC (and other components) complement each other, and that ratios of 1-to-1, 2-to-1, or 5-to-2 CBD to THC, are more effective than CBD alone. This type of strain seems to be very much in demand and I haven't yet been able to get that type of oil.

My doctor said that just like prescription medications, MMJ products affect individuals differently and that one has to find their most effective medication by trial and error.

I use this product at bedtime and what I've experienced so far is that pain relief occurs within a few minutes, but the CBD seems to wear off sooner than the THC. So my pain recurs in a couple hours but I'm still too high to want to use the product again. And sometimes just so "couch-locked" (a new expression I've learned ) that I can barely make myself roll over or sit up to do anything about it even if I wanted to. A higher ratio of CBD would apparently diminish the psychoactive effects of the THC.

I use a vape pen that looks identical to the one you referenced and am very happy with this method of delivery. Since my worst pain is when I'm in bed, I can keep the vape pen on my nightstand and barely have to disturb my sleep to reach for it, take a few hits, and go right back to sleep.
dogwalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
antonina (01-02-2015), Joe Duffer (01-04-2015), KnowNothingJon (01-05-2015), melon (12-31-2014)