View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 10:35 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDave View Post
Well, I took my daughter's dog, Jasper, up the garden this afternoon. 33℉ here and my body doesn't do cold. I got back in after 5 minutes feeling as though I had been beaten all over with a fist full of thorns, then the chest pains and numbness kicked in and I hit the floor.
I knew this was a 'routine' collapse (for me), not heart or TIA this time so I laid, waiting for the feeling to come back to my back and legs. Thankfully, I could reach my GTN spray which has the unfortunate side-effect of setting off my TN(arterial knot round nerve). I normally have to lay on the floor, bored and in pain, for a couple of hours until the numbness abates and screaming agony starts in earnest.
But this time I could reach my phone, not that ringing anyone helps - too much of a dead weight for them to lift. No, I logged on here, read some threads, posted the funniest joke ever and felt connected to understanding people just like myself.
I thank you all for being out there and on here.

Just for closure, the feelings and agony came back after 2 1/2 hours, had to take Tramadol and 8mg Ketamine (usual dose 3mg, allowed 10mg at worst). Really pushing the hallucination envelope, but we all know - Needs Must…

Dave.

Yes Dave; we all know. Sorry you had such a rough day. But, you found the bright side....posting the funniest joke. I have observed your talent. You are very gifted.

I too do what I need to get thru each day; sometimes; each hour. Wish I didn't need the Oxy, Percocet, Vallium, Ambien CR, etc; but am thankful to have these available.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (12-30-2014), St George 2013 (12-30-2014)