View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 06:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Question about sugar and PN

I was just wondering if there were other PN'ers that have non diabetic induced PN that was agrivated/flared by sugars and carbs. I know of only one other person on this board who has this. I have autoimmune PN for nearly 10 years that waxed and waned and only recently have been unable to tolerate carbs and sugars because they are causing exacerbation. I have been to a gastro, an allergist, and my GP and they all don't understand it. I have been assured by my tests that I am not pre- diabetic, and also I am in good physical shape.

I had some success on RLipoic acid and for the first 2 weeks I was on it I could eat some carbs without aggrivating my PN. As my body adjusted to it but, the magic affects wore off and carbs were aggrivating it again. I have had 2 fasting Blood glucose tests and they came back at 4.2 and 4.5. I believe you need to be above 5.6 to be considered pre-diabetic/ insulin resistant.

Anyways I was just wondering if there were any others and if so what advice did you receive from your doctor.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote