Thread: Sanctions
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 11:41 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Vowel Lady,

I am sorry you are so upset and I understand that this situation has been a nightmare for you. But I am asking you to open up your mind to the information that I am providing you here because in my lengthy professional experience as a chair side assistant, I am quite certain what took place and why. What occurred between you and your dentists is not uncommon. Most people do not know the truth about what they have experienced because they are not knowledgeable enough to know and their dentist did not do a good job in explaining anything to them. I am going to offer you some clarity of this one more time. Please know that I understand how you came up with your conclusion, but in all honesty it is not accurate.

From your perspective, it looks and feels like all hell broke loose for no reason. You came to that conclusion because you are not knowledgeable about the details of the dentistry that you had done or the why you had it done.

With that said... the tooth that was removed was already compromised prior to the new work and the extraction because it had already been drilled into. Think of it as that bruise you have on your arm from the hammer hitting it. Hit it once, you bruise a little and heal. Hit it and break the skin that was protecting it from further harm and bacteria, you have a whole new problem.

1) The onlay that was originally on that tooth indicates that the reason the onlay was on there in the first place was because you were missing too much tooth structure to place a filling. So this tooth was not at it's healthiest when the onlay was initially placed. It is important to know that a tooth can appear to look perfect and actually be horrifically abscessed. So the esthetics of a tooth do not always show the problems that are occurring inside of the tooth or in the bone around it.

2) When the onlay came off, it did so because bacteria had gotten in underneath the onlay, or decay had formed, or the seal of the cement had worn out.

3) If the onlay was in perfect condition and not worn down. If there was no decay and no structural problem with that tooth when the onlay came off, then the tooth could have been lightly cleaned up and the onlay could have been recemented.

4) Obviously there was something preventing the recementation of that onlay and that is why they proceeded to reprep the tooth for a new restoration.

5) The problems that occurred with the preparation of this tooth indicate that a fair amount of the tooth structure had a problem.... a problem that you may have not been unaware of. Depending on the skill of the dentist, these dental visits may or may not have been so dragged out. But it is clearly evident that there were issues with this tooth to begin with.

6) A post and a pin are two different things. You still have not established which one was placed in that tooth.

7) Yes, repeated drilling into a tooth is never okay for the health of the tooth. I agree this tooth was drilled upon too many times. All of which exacerbated the original issues going on with this tooth.

8) Again, due to your lack of dental knowledge... once that tooth was drilled into after the onlay came off, there was no way to then just put the old onlay back on. The drilling of the tooth reshaped the tooth, so the original onlay would not have fit properly.

9) Your knowledge about root canaled teeth and the systemic connection to non vital teeth is understandably limited. Each tooth whether it be vital or not is intricately connected to our overall health via blood vessels, nerves, ligaments.... other organs... etc.... etc. For health reasons, no where in the history of medicine has it ever been acceptable to retain a non vital body part. Teeth are no exception. So if you think that your non vital molar is not causing or contributing to inflammation and growth of bacteria in your jaw bone, connecting nerves and all else connected to it, you are mistaken.

I feel terrible that you have endured such pain and emotional upset with your teeth. But please try to keep an open mind about the information I am providing you because it may one day be of more help to you than you realize.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowel Lady View Post
For starters...the tooth had an ONlay either due to a filling or crack. (I really doubt both) I do not recall the tooth looking weird in any way (small, dis colored, etc) and as you know, it didn't hurt)

"SO JUST TO CLARIFY, YOU ARE BLAMING YOUR NEURALGIA ON DENTAL TREATMENT BECAUSE AND I QUOTE YOU " I WENT INTO THE DENTAL OFFICE WITH NO PAIN AND CAME OUT IN PAIN". DOES THE SITUATION LOOK A BIT DIFFERENT TO YOU NOW?"

No no no no no. I think horrible dentistry is related to my neuralgia. Period.

It took a MONTH (or more) of CONSTANT drilling before I felt even some discomfort. A month+. That is not €#}% normal. And this crazy €#}%'dentist drilled my top tooth to the point that it looks and feels very weird and I worry about this tooth causing trouble down the road. After a month of drilling sometimes multiple times per week over the course of a month (maybe more,..it was a freakish long time) then a post was put in. THAT was when the hideous pain started. YES I do blame them because I can accept that as the owner dentist stated there was a physics problem that made the tooth hard to crown, so I can accept that it might take longer. But not over a month ofmCONSTANT drilling and then putting a post in my tooth. They essentially TORTURED my tooth, my nerve, my very being. This is so NOt normal behavior, normal dentistry. They should have SToPPED what they were doing and perhaps put the Daxx onlay back on and not tortured me and my Trigeminal nerve . I fully and totally blame them for having ZERO common sense, practicing BAD dentistry and permanently hurting me.

I am open to your general discussions of how root canals are damaging. But I do NOT think the fact that the tooth next to the onlay tooth (which was pulled) happened to be a rc tooth is related to my neuralgia.

I think horrible dentistry...is related to my neuralgia. Horrible, greedy, unprofessional, rushed, uncaring, deceitful dentists...that drilled into my tooth VERY frequently for a month or more, then put a pin into it....hurt my Trigeminal nerve. This is freakishly abnormal. I think if they had an ounce of common sense, they would have stepped back and NOT tortured that tooth, the nerve and me, the patient....leaving me with this permanent, very painful, injury.

And since that second idiot dentist recommended I rc the tooth and the third idiot dentist recommended I remove the tooth, I don't know if I can remove the rc tooth you are so worried about.
That was my back tooth that was removed and I'm under the impression I would have needed that tooth for a prosthesis.

All I got from these dentists is total lack of common sense, lying, unprofessionalism, stupidity, dishonesty, greed....and they took my money and hurt me PERMANeNTLY. And one of the dentists was a holistic dentist and was NOT on my insurance...I paid through the nose for his stupid opinion and tx.

Something to think about...if these dentists from hell, had said to themselves "let's abandon the crown" since we are freakin hurting this patient and put on an onlay...voila...I don't think any of this would have happened. And just maybe, I would have had some more options with the rc tooth next to it. I certainly wouldn't be so sick and in so much pain and I might have had some hope for an implant or prosthesis of some kind. Now, any work in that area is torturous and I don't know what I'm going to do as I have basically no options, no hope...the idiot dentists have caused a mess in more ways than one...of course the worst is destroying my health and causing permanent pain.

Btw, I often type on here from my iPad in a recliner chair in pain, so my grammar, etc. might not be the best.

PS if I took a hammer and banged hard on your arm (to kill a fly or something) repeatedly, in the same spot once or twice a week for 5 or 6 weeks consistently....do you think you would have some broken capillaries? Some very baddddd bruises? Then, how about if I glued something right on top of your bad bruise with permanent cement and had to drill it off for an hour. Would it be sore? Then, for kicks, Shortly afterward, I drilled a pin right into those bruises? And if something went wrong with your arm, would it be because there is something wrong with your shoulder or because you have an autoimmune disease or maybe you have some underlying blood disease that causes broken capillaries???? Because, how weird and what a shock that you have bruises and your arm is a mess. Why, good Lord, I have never in my life, in my entire practice as a fly on the arm smasher, have ever seen anyone react like this. Can't be my fault. Must be yours...or some old injury. What do you mean your arm was fine before. No it wasn't. It just looked fine. Nothing I have done with my hammer, drill, or pin could have caused those bruises.

Hard to find a good comparison, but I think the stupidity, lack of common sense and Repeated, constant, frequent torture of my Trigeminal nerve caused it DAMAGE ..leading to permanent, horrible, very painful neuralgia.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote