Thread: Yoga
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 10:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseKris View Post
Thank you both for your replies. Are there any websites or DVDs you recommend? It can be difficult for me to get out of the house so is this something I can easily do at home? Thank so much for your help.
NurseKris,

Advanced Yoga Practices http://www.aypsite.org/10.html may or may not resonate. But it's by far the most comprehensive and well-defined Westernized approach to Yoga I have found.

Much the actual material seems 110% friggin' nutso, but it's artfully presented in a logical sequence with a supportive, non-offensive, and even humorous communication style. This site goes into much of what I had already found to be true in my own direct experience (and well beyond that!).

Ultimately the information provided at AYP is just one more tool in the arsenal -- and the effectiveness of any given tool will vary based on the uniqueness of the individual using it. But it's a really good one for me, so maybe it will help someone else.
visioniosiv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NurseKris (01-01-2015), nyt2 (01-01-2015), RSD ME (01-01-2015), Sea Pines 50 (01-01-2015)