View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 02:22 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

oh starz,

i'm sorry you went thru that. i'm an RN & still have had problems with my hospitalizations no matter how i think ahead and plan. but i can offer a few things to think about.

have a current list of your meds with the doses & times you take them.
you must impress upon your dr how important your regimen is to your well-being.

find a person to advocate for you. they must be strong & willing to be at the hospital as much as possible.

if there are problems you MUST speak up. yell if needed. ask for the charge nurse. the nursing supervisor, the dr. call the dr yourself from the hosp.
there are also people who are patient advocates in the hospital setting. ask to speak to one. you can even try to contact the chaplain as a go between.

try to have family or friends take shifts & stay with you as much as possible during a hospital stay.

with all my experiences being hospitalzed & being an RN i still have problems. with my last hospitalization i told myself that something unexpected will come up so don't expect things to go swimingly. and, they did. it was my big mouth & complaining that helped. and, don't be afraid to tell your dr if something isn't right. chances are he probably doesn't even know.

i hope you're healing and heading back on track.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (12-31-2014), jprinz99 (01-05-2015), Kitty (12-31-2014), LoveCats (12-31-2014), Starznight (01-05-2015)