View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 02:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I finally got a bit of hopeful news today. The leading MG doctor in our area has accepted me as a patient and I see him in a month. I'm sorry that I use this forum to vent my frustrations so much! Despite setbacks I remain overall positive and grateful for all the small blessings I have. I am grateful that I have good days mixed in with the down days. I am not going to let one doctor discourage me. I very much appreciate the encouragement that all of you have offered. It has helped more than you know.

One question, my vision is usually only effected when I am experiencing severe weakness. Would I need to be having active symptoms when gettin my eyes tested for problems to be detected?
I have a wonderful pulmonologist that I have worked with for seven years. He doesn't thinks I have MG because I have the ability to hold my breath, although he does see the dips in my test scores. He is in the same boat as all my other docs. They know something is wrong but just don't know what is causing it and they are afraid to treat me without an official diagnosis.
The neurologist that I am seeing next month is a research doc so I'm hoping he will be willing to take a chance and at least try to help me.
Sadiecl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote