View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 03:49 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I had several surgeries from 2011 through 2013. A hysterectomy and then others due to issues from that.

The first surgery I had was, I guess, my "practice run" with the hospital staff. There was a nurse in my room what seemed like continuously for the first day. I'd mention I needed my Baclofen and they'd either tell me "it's coming" or ask me how to spell it or just tell me they'd pass it along to whoever these things get passed along to.

After the third missed dose I was literally climbing the walls. Literally. I knew my little pill bottle was sitting on the dresser at home but it might as well been locked up at the pharmacy.

I never got a Baclofen pill while I was in the hospital. I was only there for two days but I had to stop taking it a full 24 hours before my surgery so by the time I got another dose it was four days. I vowed never again.

Next surgery I packed my "contraband" well and made sure it was somewhere I could get to it. It would make the nurses mad but I didn't care. I knew they wouldn't take my requests seriously and I was right.

I checked with my neurologist and with the hospital anesthetician to make sure I could take baclofen with the meds I was given while in the hospital ad they all agreed that it was fine.

I will never again put myself at the mercy of the hospital staff to get my needed MS meds.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (12-31-2014), jprinz99 (01-05-2015), LoveCats (12-31-2014), NurseNancy (12-31-2014), Starznight (01-05-2015)