View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 07:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you everyone, sad thing is I had my pills with me, had my cell phone with my schedule that I went over with the nurses as well, my family members were there for most of it, but we were all just kind of ignored. The worst was my final night in the hospital, I really thought they were out to kill me at that point, but I was also pretty much insane with pain by then.

I will definitely be drawing up some kind of document, and hopefully getting my neuro, primary and pain mgmt doctors to sign it to say "yes give this poor kid her DRUGS you crazy psychos!" But I guess a lot of it was my own fault, I didn't fight them hard enough, wasn't in much of a state to, but still I should have been more forceful. It's just I had foolishly thought my nurse and I going over everything the first hour I was admitted was going to take care of that.

But I also didn't mention above, I was in the ER for 6 hours before I even saw a doctor, and had, by the time the choose to give me something for pain, been in and out of consciousness, screaming bloody murder when conscious, for 7 hours all told, and started off Saturday morning already behind over an hour on my usual medications (that was when things started getting really hairy in the ER and the doctor really didn't have much of a choice but drug me or club me)

I mean we went to the ER at 2am and it was dead, spent an hour as the only ones in the waiting room, got a bed around 3am in the back, was sent for a chest x-Ray at 7 am (when I was supposed to take my pills) 9am is when the doctor finally got around to seeing me, 10 am I got an IV and pain meds, 11 am I finally got the ultrasound of the gall bladder and then boom admitted in less than 30 minutes to the hospital.
Erika (01-02-2015), Kitty (12-31-2014), NurseNancy (12-31-2014), SallyC (12-31-2014)