View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 10:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi Pam,
how are you feeling today?
(it is 10:25 pm dec 31 here but I know you r in the morning of jan1 so happy new year!)

I don't know how sick glandular fever makes you feel but hopefully you are feeling better. I would say give it a go unless you truly feel too ill. this job sounds like perfect circumstances for you, something you have been wanting and needing. Once you get there and get involved in learning the new job, before you know it, you will be through your first day. First day is Just filling out forms and security badges and orientation type stuff, then 2 more days and you are done. If you don't feel well enough to do the 3 days, well then you know you did your best and gave employment a real shot.
All my best Pam....you are in my thoughts and prayers.
D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
So you know I had pneumonia, turns out I've had glandular fever as well! I'm supposed to start work this coming Monday, do I ring the boss and ask if I can start a week later and tell him why or do I just suck it up?

Part of me thinks if I defer it for even 1 week it will be the beginning of the end and my fear of going back to work will have me coming up with yet another excuse the following week...
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (01-01-2015), ger715 (12-31-2014), PamelaJune (01-02-2015)