View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 10:46 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaz View Post
21 hours in......I am impressed!. The unit is Boston Scientific with percutaneous leads.
I had to take it easy due to light sedation, but today I can get up, get moving and see what this bad boy can do!

I had coverage in my lower back and legs while on the procedure table; however, I lost the stim in my back when they moved me to recovery. My back pain travels into my legs to the point my life just stop.

If it can ease just the leg pain I'll be ecstatic. Anything more would just add to the blessing!

It rattles my brain at how much suffering I went through before this option was even mentioned. That is going to be a question I ask the doctor! Have others had a long period of suffering before given the SCS as an option?

My back itself is quite sore from the procedure. By the time it feels better it will be next Tuesday; the day it gets removed!

Does anyone have advice of how to make the most of this trial?

I do question if I should start with it very, very low and activate it once the pain starts or do you keep it constant and increase the stim as the pain increases?

Thank you very much for your help and for having such a fabulous forum!

Now off to get ready for my day and I best remind myself not to get too carried away!

It was only after a series of spinal injections before my Pain Management Doctor suggested I do a trial for an SCS. A few years prior I had a laminectiomy/fusion and still had quite a bit of spinal and leg pain. My trial didn't go well and my PM doctor suggested trying another trial, I declined.

In some cases the trial gives good results; but when the permanent SCS is implanted, should the leads move before being scarred in place, you can wind up with additional pain. Also where the battery is implanted can cause some unwanted issues as well. When the SCS is implanted it is important that you take extreme care about bending, lifting, twisting, etc.

Rae can probably give you a better idea of what to do and not to do. As I recall, she did some lifting of hay for her horses which did cause the lead to move before being scared in.

Hope all goes well. Also, it is important to make an informed decision; especially where expectations are concerned.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (01-01-2015), nanaz (12-31-2014), Rrae (01-03-2015)