View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 08:34 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
May I ask....??? what is perfect B12? To your doctor?

If he uses the old ranges from the labs that go down to 200 ...that is not good.

You should be at 400pg/ml at least, and hopefully better.
Do you have your results in numbers?

I saw on the TOS board you have a stiff neck?

I'd try an inexpensive but very good product to relieve muscle spasms, reduce pain, and improve circulation to the body parts affected.

http://www.amazon.com/Morton-Epsom-L...n+epsom+lotion

This is also at WalMarts and Walgreens...but not all local stores have it yet, as it is new.

Many of us on NT use it...on PN, MS, etc. It is really relaxing and helpful. A fingertip's amount on each side of your neck nightly might show you improvement. Some people who work out alot get very low in magnesium, and this lotion provides it thru the skin. It is actually better than magnesium supplements because they cannot get thru areas where blood flow is poor.

This lotion works well also applied to the inner wrists and inner arms at night. It gets absorbed well thru the thin skin there.
But I'd start with the neck, and apply it under your ears down to your collarbones.

I move the placement around each day because I find it doesn't always need application to the same area daily.

Blood work for magnesium is not very helpful except for very very low or very very high results. The middle range does not reflect what is in the tissues much at all.

MS people sometimes have very low copper. Some of our MS posters have mentioned that their MS doctor tests for it.

Your ferritin is not super low...many young women can be lower if their periods are heavy.

We have had 2 people on PN with low copper but they were using medications that could block its absorption... acid blocking drugs for heartburn.

Do the magnesium lotion for a couple of weeks...see how that goes. It is very inexpensive...much less than most medical tests and treatments, and can bring surprisingly wonderful results and relief.
Hello Mrs. D,
My B12 was 841. I supplement with it regularly.

I also take magnesium baths which are helpful. I have the cream and only tried it twice. Does it take a while to start working? I guess I was expecting some instant relief. I usually have to keep reheating a hot pack all day to keep my shoulders and neck from hurting and spasming.

I don't take any medications regularly that could inhibit absorption for iron or copper. I don't even take B6, so I don't know why thats elevated. I wonder if thats why I have PN.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote