View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 01:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hi ksa. i'm so sorry you are in so much pain. you are not crazy for thinking you may have rsd. and you are not an addict for wanting meds to help deal with it. if i were you i would check out rsdhope and rsdsa online to see if they have a listing of drs who know what rsd is and how to treat it. if you have it, the sooner its treated the better.

not all rsd symptoms have to be there all the time for you to have rsd. although the pain is always there, the symptoms can come and go and spread. you are not crazy for thinking you may have rsd and you are not an addict for wanting meds to help control the pain and help you sleep.

i am not a dr, but have had rsd for almost four years and have a neurologist, pm dr and physchiatrist to help me manage the constant pain and depression and insomnia that rsd causes me to have. they treat me with medication, but there are other methods to help with the pain too.

lyrica is used for fibromyalgia which is not like rsd. fibro does not have the physical symptoms that rsd has. neurontin (gabapentin) has side effects, but they go away after a few weeks and this med can help with the rsd pain along with meds like percocet. xanax and zoloft can help with depression and insomnia and advil can help with imflammation.

what helps one person with rsd may not work for another. rsdhope and rsdsa help give info on rsd and its treatments too. i hope you can find a dr who can help you and am here if you need a friend. this forum is a great place to find support and comfort too. take care.
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (01-04-2015), kcbarton70 (01-09-2015)