View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 05:49 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Trigger points and myofascial pain syndrome

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I am desperate for help. I have been dealing with referred symptoms of trigger points since October 2014. I went for a deep tissue massage for 2 hours and woke up 2 days later with vertigo lasting a few seconds. Symptoms started getting worse and more from there-terrible stiff neck and frontal sinus pressure with severe ear stuffiness and disorientation off and since then. I am a hygienist and lean over in a twisted position all day and have always had muscle pain but never with these symptoms since having that massage.

I have seen countless doctors who never diagnosed trigger point problems until I researched my symptoms on my own and sought the help of a certified trigger point therapist. He has helped with some symptoms but I can't afford to keep going and am scared to death to treat some of my own muscles fir fear of doing more harm or bringing the symptoms back on-even though I did purchase the trigger point therapy workbook. I feel hopeless-will these awful head problems ever go away? Has anyone else out there ever experienced the symptoms from the dreaded SCM and massater muscle-dizziness, off balance, nausea, anxiety, ear, and sinus problems? Please tell me I am not crazy-I feel alone and hopeless that this will never get better. If anyone out there knows what I am going thru please offer any help, suggestions, or just someone to talk to.

If I am posting this this in the wrong forum please let me know and point me in the right direction
Mary in pain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote