View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

injured but recoverin,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

Regarding B-12, many people do not absorb cyanocobalamin B-12. The methyl form is very absorbable.

If you notice, your Super B Complex is very weak in B's. I specify B-50 Complex or B-100 Complex because they have almost standardized amounts between brands and much larger amounts that a B Complex. In my opinion, a B Complex like the one you are taking is just better than worthless. Do not take multiples of your Super B Complex. The Vitamin A could be too much yet the B's will still be minimal.

Regarding the therapies you mention. Every concussion is different. Symptoms are treated individually. If you have vestibular problems, vestibular therapy may help. Vision therapy may help if there is a vision problem and the brain has healed enough. Sometimes, it causes brain stress if done too soon.

Cranial-Sacral Therapy is a mixed bag with not much positive record. Much of CST is not medically supported. Some of the spinal manipulations can be helpful but the attempts to move the skull plates are without any basis. Osteopathic manipulative treatment, or OMT, a newer version of CST without the skull plate work is more reasonable.

Your D3 is minimal. You do not list any anti-oxidants like C or E. You should add some magnesium and calcium. I also take 250 to 500 mgs of niacin.

mrsD is the expert here. She may post a comment.

You don't say when and how you suffered your concussion. That information would be helpful.

Did you start your vitamin regimen on your own or did you read the sticky first ?

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote