View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Well, I'm in big trouble if these symptoms are true....

I have been on Lyrica for 4 years for pain after a massive spinal surgery. I was up to 300 mg at night (it helped me sleep) and once the doctor took me off all opoids, he DOUBLED the dose to 600 mg. I have never taken more than 400, regardless of his instructions.

I am going to start taking ONE 200 mg tab at night for a month or so. Then, I'll have to start opening the capsules and skim off a little until I'm down to 100 for a month or so. After that, I will tell the Dr. to prescribe a small amount and that I want off.

My visit today? He put me off all Lyrica and wants me on Gabapentin. He says it is less expensive and will give me the same benefits. After reading this thread, I want nothing to do with these drugs.

I have to have another massive spinal surgery at the end of February where I'll be in Hospital for at least 3 weeks with patient pain button (push the button and you get a dose). I think I'll quit Lyrica then. After all, I'll be on all these opoids that should help mask the Lyrica withdrawal symptioms. OMG I haven't been able to figure out where the weight gain came from, the ringing in my ears, the blurry vision, loss of memory, etc. Now I know and I'm furious! (and scared).

Isn't there a way too sue somebody, something for not disclosing withdrawal problems? I realize that doesn't help you get through the process but I just went through a year long process to get off opoids and now have to do it all over again with Lyrica. I'm keeping a "drug log" from now on, recording what I take and when. Plus how I feel It will be a diary of sorts. I hope it helps in this journey to get off this damn drug!!
TeeGee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote