View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 02:29 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default My experience with Edgelow protocol

Just wanted to post an update on my progress with Edgelow's exercises so far.

I started the exercises two months and saw some major improvements since then. While I cannot yet tell if these improvements will last, I am feeling much better than I did at any time in the last year.
I started feeling better within a couple of days and continue getting a little better each day.
The major improvement is in the pain level: it is down from disabling non-stop pain to occasional annoying discomfort. I went off all medications and was also able to resume some of the things I had to give up earlier. I can now do a little bit of driving, shopping, cooking, hiking, running, even some weight lifting (trying to be very careful with this though).
Cannot go back to work full time yet (working from home for a few hours a day since August).

As you may know, the Edgelow protocol is mostly built around breathing, rib mobilization and some gentle stretching.

My routine each day is:
breathing exercise 4 x 20min
walking 3 x 30 min
relaxation 2 x 40min
stretching (most major muscle groups except arms and pecs which flare me up) 4 x 10 min
plus some trigger point massage and hot showers.

All this adds up to about 5 hours a day. This may sound like a lot, but this leaves me with 10 hours of (mostly) pain free time. Much better than being in pain all day.

Now the hard part is keeping myself motivated. Pain is a very good motivator.
With less pain I need to convince myself to keep going.

Will keep you updated on the further progress.
Hiker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
astern (01-09-2019), jkl626 (01-02-2015), Jomar (03-16-2015), Sea Pines 50 (01-08-2015), Tallila (03-09-2019)