View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 06:06 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Question Am I the only one agonized by pillows?

Ever since my first concussion (also had a second very mild TBI 10 days later), I had been having a lot of trouble with pillows.

Every time I put my head on a pillow now, I start getting a moderate physical pain in the head which feels like uncomfortable pressure. It's even worse if I put my head quickly on the pillow - I have to slowly put my head on the pillow and sink inside. If I hit my head into the pillow (just lie down with the head very quickly on the pillow) I'll just get nauseous and feel really sick (before the mTBI I would just drop my head quickly on the pillow without even thinking of it every night and never had problems when I did that). It's even worse if I mpve my head to the sides while on the pillow because it increases the feelings of pressure! It's just unbelievable how sensitive my head is right now...

Also, when I wake up from sleep and lift my head from the pillow, I feel extreme pressure on the side of the head I slept on. This is very uncomfortable and lasts for at least 30 seconds.

Again, this gets much worse if I don't put my head very slowly on the pillow and sink in. It's highly irritating to do that (lying my head down very slowly on the pillow) but when I don't I just feel sick shortly after.

Does anyone here suffer from it too? Do you have any recommendation on what I can do to solve this problem?

Sorry if there are any typos, I wrote this from my phone.

Thanks,
-ProAgonist
ProAgonist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote