View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Sorry to hear about your surgery.

I had my gallbladder removed in October so feel your pain. I'd been having attacks for almost 3 years, getting dismissed by doctors until a scan showed a large stone almost 3cm in diameter and little ones. At the point of removal, my gallbladder was infected. The surgeon said I was really lucky it was removed when it was.

Like you, I had an horrible experience with nurses not understanding. I have issues with my Blood Pressure where it can fluctuate from very low to very high in a matter of minutes. Any opiate based meds are a no go area as they make it worse (was told by my Cardiologist they can even lead to cardiac arrest). I explained this to the nurses, they documented it. Yet when I came out of the operating room, they informed me that they gave me Morphine, something which is an opiate and what I should never have. This led to me becoming really faint, blood pressure fluctuating severely etc. When my mum visited me she said it was the worse she'd ever seen me look (thanks mum ). Even despite my parents informing the doctors of what meds I can and can't have, they still took it upon themselves to try and give me more morphine. when explaining I cant have it, they said i'd have to 'suck it up' and deal with the surgery with only minor pain meds.

I'm sorry you had to go through this, I understand your frustration. I always print documentation of my illness to take to ER etc if I need to go. It just seems you have to drop lucky with a caring doctor, so many seem ignorant

I hope you recover from the surgery quickly, know how painful it is. I remember it taking me about 20 minutes just to sit out of bed because of the pain. Ha.

Hope 2015 is a better year for you
Erika (01-02-2015), SallyC (01-02-2015)