View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 12:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi,

Thanks for the response it is appreciated.

I wanted to add that when I wake up in the morning the site sort of looks murky, it doesn't really look like puss (as I have experienced that before the debridement) and there is no odd distaste (other then morning breath). It just looks kind of murky if I spit the murky ness goes away, my spit is a normal colour really. I presume it's just to do with saliva production when you sleep and old saliva kind of hangs around in the socket? Given that there still is an indentation/crater because it was a large molar. Add to this some amount of dehydration that occurs over night etc and hence the murky colour?

What you are saying about irritating the socket when I am brushing etc makes sense however that part of the socket kind of always looks red. Like I said if i rinse vigorously the redness is more noticeable. Is it plausible that it is just really early skin formation, I mean it has only been two and a half weeks, I can't imagine that new skin immediately looks pink right?

When can I expect the gum to turn a pink colour? I have looked on the internet, and I would say my site looks to be 'on par' with the pictures that I've seen - of course this is not great indication as everyone heals at different rates.

In terms of infection, could redness indicate this? What should I look out for? I will make an appointment to go back on Monday I think just to be safe given everything that had happened previously

Thanks again.

Last edited by Ab23; 01-02-2015 at 02:08 PM.
Ab23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote